Wednesday 20 October 2010

Ah-hah!


Ever since this little guy came into my life, my mind has been going absolutely crazy with all kinds of projects I want to complete. I've started having to carry a notebook to bed every night because if I don't write down all the things I want to make and do, I keep myself up trying to remember them all. I've come to think of S as my unofficial muse and couldn't figure out what it was about him that has unleashed this force in me. Well, apparently it's all just biological. Andrew found an article that explains exactly what's been going on (click on the link in the previous sentence to read the article). It's a much less romantic explanation-- my brain is growing as opposed to my baby boy being some kind of inspiring angel to me.

I think I'm going to still hold on to a bit of the more romantic explanation. O's birth seemed to unleash this amazing capacity to love and S's gift seems to be this amazing desire to create. Best part-- I actually am completing some of the projects.

2 comments:

aaron said...

Is...uh...is he okay? In that picture?

Andrew and Marie Benson said...

I might have caught him doing his weekly poop. He usually has this very odd but peaceful expression when he does it-- kind of like you'd expect after holding it in for a week.