Wednesday 28 March 2012


I came across the above images on one of the blogs I read. They're by photographer Edward Mapplethorpe, who takes the photos on the child's first birthday. I love the simple composition of the photos and the way it allows each child's personality to really show itself.

For a while now I've been wanting to blow up photos of each of the boys to hang over their cribs but I haven't been able to find the right pictures. When I saw the Mapplethorpe series, I fell in love and knew I had found my inspiration. I'm toying with the idea of taking similar photos on each boy's birthday to kind of document their growth. So I started playing around with my camera and took the photos below. I've uploaded an album of some of the cutest shots from my Mapplethorpe inspired series but I warn you, you probably only want to take a peak if you're really interested in seeing photos of my boys. The album can be found here.


No comments: