Tuesday 6 March 2012

If we lived closer...


...you would probably see me wearing this jewelry every day. Yes that's the biggest ring you've ever seen, and yes that watch was a Father's Day gift to Andrew.

This year we were on a bit of a quest to find the best chocolate con churros without getting taken like we did last year. Seriously? Twelve euros for a couple of espresso mugs of chocolate and about four small churros each, even if the cocoa came with whipped cream?!? Anyways, we were tipped off about a Three Kings Day market that happens every year along a long stretch of a major street here. Churrerias on every corner. So we checked it out. Again. And again. And again. (Andrew had time off work and what's better for lunch than hot chocolate and churros?)

In between churro stands there was a lovely little jewelry stand with a giiiiaaaant silver ring. A large silver ring was on my shopping list for the sales here so you bet I stopped and tried that sucker on. They also had this beautiful necklace that I loved loved loved. I tried to play it cool, like I could survive without them, but I went to bed for several nights dreaming of them and planned our churro scouting routes around seeing my pretties to make sure no one else had claimed them.

The market ends with an insane night of shopping with the streets packed and stalls open literally all night, and with crowds like that, someone else might snatch up my lovelies. I made a plan and a budget for getting them that involved a little patience and ordering through the internet or stalking the shop owners at whatever other markets they would be at this year. And of course when I asked them about the possibility of implementing my plan, the response was that they only do this market and one market in the South of Spain in the summer and they have no email address and take no internet orders. I was sweating (I was also probably being taken, but it worked). I told Andrew on Kings Eve that I was going to head out there for some midnight churros and a little retail therapy with some money I had saved up. And lo and behold, my sweet sweet love of a husband pulled from his pockets the biggest silver ring you've ever seen and a matching jade necklace. No churros con chocolate at midnight, but I knew the man loved me and I love him. Muuuusshhhyy.

The watch is another story. If we lived closer, you would have heard it. Want to hear it now?

No comments: