Tuesday 13 May 2008

The Epic Voyage

This summer the Benson family is planning another great Bear Salt Lake getaway and so Andrew and I are heading home to join in the fun. It will actually be pretty exciting because the entire family will be there. This hasn't happened in quite a while, at least not since two, or three, or four more members were added to the clan.

There was talk of not letting the Bensons get all the fun and trying to sneak a Petersen family get-together in this trip, too. So Andrew and I went ahead and hopefully got the ball rolling by booking our tickets. Finally. It has been quite the task getting that done.

I thought it might be easier if we just posted an outline of our plans here so that anyone who was involved in them could have a place to refer to, but then something made me feel not so easy about putting all those details in a public place. So I will email everyone a more detailed timetable, but the gist of it is that both Andrew and I will head to Baltimore to visit with my side of the family for a few days. Then we're off to Utah for a couple weeks of bonding with Andrew's side of the family. Then he and I will head to California for a short bit for him and a much longer bit for me. He will fly out of SFO and head back here while I stay in California with Dad for a couple weeks before heading out to visit Holly in Minneapolis.

So there it all is. We'll send out emails to everyone with exact dates and times. We did just want to get the word out for anybody who actually checks this blog since I know everyone is trying to coordinate stuff this summer, or will be at some point.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah! We're glad you will be able to stop here for a few days. Holly emailed me yesterday and said that you will be spending some time in Minnesota so I wondered if we would be included in this US tour. Let us know when you'll be here so I can try and get some time off work. Hopefully our house will be in order by the time you get here...

P.S. Thanks for the picture of all the candy! It make me a little homesick for all the yummy candy in Espana.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for pushing us to get together. I look forward to it and hope it will be very fun and not too much of an inconvenience for Lauritz and Michelle.

Love, Dad

Andrew and Marie Benson said...

Michi, we'll bring you as much candy as your heart could desire, or at least as your stomach can handle.

And Dad, Lauritz and Michelle offered. It would be rude not to accept, right?