Saturday 10 January 2009

A 3.5 Kg, 50 cm bundle of joy




Oliver Boyce Benson, born Jan 9 2009 at about 9:45 AM, nearly 25 hours after Marie's water broke Thursday morning. The last 6 hours were pretty rough on dear Mommy, but she did whatever it took to bring Oliver into the world and (almost never) doubted her ability to do so. It was emotional and beautiful. Thanks for everyone's support. Both are healthy and happy, and I need to be getting back to my wife and son. We'll be in hospital until Monday morning and will try to post some more pics after that time. (I would like to recommend against enlarging the pic w me in it, unless you want to see a seriously scary close-up of my facial hair and inside of my nostril).


Love,


Andrew, Marie, and Oliver, who says:

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Oliver is soooo cute! We can't wait to meet him. He's perfect!

amandajeanne said...

Beautiful Baby!! Congratulations- I'm so excited for you! You make beautiful parents too. Good luck the next few weeks! Love you!

regan said...

Congratulations! Thanks for the pictures. Everyone looks beautiful.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your life is forever changed. He looks very cute! Enjoy him while he is little, they really do grow up way too fast!
Emily Decker

Kimi said...

Oliver is so beautiful!
Congrats my friend! I love you! Good job sticking in there.

Yo' Mama said...

Congratulations! He is perfect! Absolutely perfect!

Claudia P. said...

Bello bello bello... can't wait to see him (and your beard) in four weeks.
Oliver's favourite Zia xxx

Holly Thatcher said...

I have been so annoyed my computer has not been working AT ALL for the past couple of days and I missed Larry's phone call and I was so sad. Anwyay, Dan is home from DC and now I can look at your cute Oliver pictures on his computer. I can't wait to see MORE pictures.

I wish I could be there, I love newborn babies. Marie, I wish you a speedy recovery and I want to hear about the whole
labo(u)r and delivery experience sometime. Congratulations to you both!

Emma never plays with her Oliver doll anymore (Hannah Montana's friend), so I will save it for you. :)

Oh and can you please give me those stats in inches and pounds, I don't know what they convert to.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your little spaniard. Hope mom gets feeling better soon.

Love Bryan H

Jen said...

Congrats! He is a cutie! I wonder if he'll have the same sarcasm as his daddy! =) Just kiddin Andrew...you're awesome!