Saturday 6 December 2008

Status Update

I know most readers of this blog (all 3 of you) were getting a little concerned that nothing had leaked in the flat for the last couple of weeks.  Well rest easy.  The toilet up and decided to leak all over the bathroom floor tonight.  The worst part is I don't know whether the water is fresh or waste.

I take that back.  The worst part is that my incompetent landlords notified me yesterday that they are no longer my landlords, and gave me the name and number of the guy who now is (that was a happy introduction on the phone this evening--"Hi, I'm your new tenant.  My toilet exploded"), plus it's currently Saturday evening, plus Monday is a holiday.  I guess that's three things that all combine to be "the worst part."  The final kick in the teeth is that I already used that Hulk picture.  Man, wish I had held that in reserve a bit...

4 comments:

aaron said...

Ouch. And here I thought that your plumbing issues were all cleared up.

You're probably beyond Hulk angry now, anyway. You're entering Punisher territory.

Holly said...

I hope all this is making you want to move back to the States. I'm starting to get really sad that you're having a baby and I will never see him/her. Maybe my plumbing vodoo doll is working.

Joking aside, I am SO SORRY that you are having to deal with all that.

Cheech said...

The rest of the story involves hunting around for a plunger for nearly 2 hours, which is almost impossible to find in Spain if you don't know the word for it (in case anyone is curious it's "desatascador"), and then staying up until 2:30 AM mopping and wringing, mopping and wringing. Good practice for next month, I guess...

And I'm sorry Aaron, did you mean Punisher (2004) or Punisher: War Zone (2008)? The former was one of the worst movie-going experiences I've ever had. The latter is described by Eric Snider thusly:

"The film actually wants us to ponder its moral and ethical implications -- which is like a stripper telling you she wants to go to law school. Yeah, sure, whatever you say, movie. I'm not paying you to talk."

While this has been a horrible experience, I think a better--but equally geeky--comparison would be that I've moved from Ang Lee's touchy-feely "Hulk Sulk" to Ed Norton's less-motivated but angrier "Hulk Smash." I'll spare you the photoshop this time (mostly just because I can't find any pictures of me looking sufficiently angry/disgusted to do it justice).

Yo' Mama said...

On jibjab.com they supposedly have dancing elves you can put your face on to disco music. However, it would add so much more with a streaming toilet fountain in the back and I don't think they do that. Why don't people think.

I'm glad marie is ok after the chicken pox bit. Scary.